The Doncaster Economic Strategy 2030 sets out our long term vision to transition towards a wellbeing economy – one that is regenerative and inclusive, and works for People, Places and Planet. It has three Missions, and five Mission Projects with aims, actions and metrics.
Downloads & Resources
Please see the full version of the Doncaster 2030 Economic Strategy by downloading it below:
- Doncaster Economic Strategy 2030
- Download (2.96MB - PDF)
Please see the Executive Summary of the Doncaster Economic Strategy 2030 by downloading it below:
- Doncaster Economic Strategy 2030 - Executive Summary
- Download (1.7MB - PDF)
The Strategy focuses on creating “A Regenerative and Inclusive Economy for Thriving People, Places and Planet” Three Missions outline what this means for Doncaster by 2030.
Our Missions mark a step change for the borough in terms of how Doncaster views its local economy.
- A Regenerative economy - a regenerative economy does not just look to limit negative impacts, it aims to improve the wellbeing of people, places, and the planet in way that is sustainable for current and future generations.
- An Inclusive economy - is one in which there is shared prosperity and widespread accesses to opportunities, including and especially for those facing the greatest barriers to advancing their wellbeing.
This step change acknowledges that economic growth does not automatically improve the wellbeing of people, places, and planet. To develop Doncaster’s regenerative and inclusive economy, it will be necessary to take a more holistic view of economic success. This means measuring the value of economic growth by the extent to which it increases the wellbeing of people, places, and planet.
- is Healthy & Compassionate
- tackles Climate Change
- is Fair & Inclusive
- supports the needs of local communities
The Strategy has identified five Mission Priorities required to deliver on our three overarching Missions for people, places and planet, each with Mission Projects, Transformational Actions and Mission Metrics. Our five key priority areas include:
- Industry Platforms: to support key sectors through integrating industry, skills and research, business support, and creating clusters within key sites.
- Employment Opportunities for All: to provide equitable access to employment through a Compassionate Approach to Employment Support, encouraging organisations to have a positive social impact and supporting employers to provide inclusive employment opportunities.
- Green Economy: to create a thriving Green Sector and opportunities for local residents to reskill, transition our industries and communities to be more circular, low waste and low carbon and to protect and restore biodiversity and natural capital.
- Vibrant Places: redirecting wealth back into local economies, using initiatives such as Community Wealth Building,City Centre and Town Centre regeneration and promoting the cultural sector and visitor economy.
- Physical and Digital Connectivity:supporting residents to access economic opportunities through accessible and affordable transport options, the rollout of broadband infrastructure and supporting digital skills development.
The Economic Strategy has three cross-cutting opportunities that will be critical for the success of the Mission Priorities:
- Fairness and Inclusion
Our approach will require the integration of Industry and Talent. This integration, as well as the Industry Platform Mission Priority, was informed by an independent review and analysis of Doncaster’s Economy undertaken by Ortus Economic Research and KADA Research. A copy of the report is available here:
- Ortus Research and KADA Research Doncaster Economic Strategy Research Final Report
- Download (3.17MB - PDF)
Our Engagement Journey
The strategy has been developed using a ‘develop through engagement’ approach, with engagement with residents, business, Team Doncaster partners and wider stakeholders at key points in the process to ensure that the strategy reflects the wider priorities and concerns of residents and stakeholders. This is detailed further in our Engagement Journey document below:
- Doncaster Economic Strategy Engagement Journey
- Download (722KB - PDF)