In September of 2019, Doncaster and Stainforth were invited out of 100's of towns from across England to work with the government to develop innovative regeneration plans to transform their town’s economic growth prospects.
The objective of the Fund is to drive the economic regeneration of towns to deliver long term economic and productivity growth through:
- Urban regeneration, planning and land use: ensuring towns are thriving places for people to live and work, including by: increasing density in town centres; strengthening local economic assets including local cultural assets; site acquisition, remediation, preparation, regeneration; and making full use of planning tools to bring strategic direction and change.
- Skills and enterprise infrastructure: driving private sector investment and ensuring towns have the space to support skills and small business development.
- Connectivity: developing local transport schemes that complement regional and national networks, as well as supporting the delivery of improved digital connectivity
25 Million Pound Town Deal
Once an investment plan has been developed, we will be in a position to negotiate with government a Town Deal of up to 25 Million pound to realise our plans. Both Town Deal Boards have know submitted their proposals to government and await a decision, this is expected to be announced Spring/Summer 2021.
Following the release of this towns fund prospectus, Doncaster established the following two town deal boards:
Both Stainforth and Doncaster have now received their announcements for funding allocations.
- Doncaster will receive £24.8 million. You can find more information about this through the Doncaster Town Deals link (above), the Doncaster Council website and the GOV.UK website.
- stainforth will receive £21.6 million. You can find more information about this through the Stainforth Town Deals link (above), and the Doncaster Council website.